I didn’t intend to share this recipe, but it was surprisingly tasty. I was surprised as I decided to run a bath after I got back from the gym and then remembered I hadn’t eaten. Obviously I wasn’t going to stop the bath running, so I had to make some food in the time it took to fill the tub. A challenge.
And this is what happened!
So how to create this swift masterpiece?!
- Put the pasta in a pan with some salted water. Turn on hob and cook as normal.
- Cut up the bacon, mushrooms, a wee bit of onion (1/4 maybe), broccoli, courgette and chuck it all in a pan all at once to cook up a little.
- Add 1 garlic clove (chopper crushed, whatever) I didn’t use any oil because there was none left, but the bacon provided plenty lovely fat for frying.
- After 5 mins, chuck in the tinned tomatoes (I used cherry) and 2 more garlic cloves. Let bubble for 2 mins.
- Add in lemon juice, honey and tabasco, and some black pepper if you fancy
Was it nice?
I had loads left over for lunch the next day and gave some to my friend Aoife, who said she thought it was tasty. A few other team mates commented that it smelled nice and pinched some of the tomatoes.
A good sign I think.
You could use any veg you like for this I just used what was in the fridge, it’d be great with fresh pasta too.
Also my bath was lovely. I was in a carb-coma so slept like a baby afterwards.