I got this idea from my Swedish friend Emelie, who invited me round for “brunch” a few months ago. Not many people can get away with inviting you round for brunch, but Emelie is one of the few. She has a beautifully decorated flat, she’s a whiz in the kitchen and has a kitten. Legit bruncher.
She made the above, feta and spinach muffins, that were completely lush. So I had a go last night, after a weekend of drinking with nothing to show, in an attempt to feel better about life. I chucked in some sun-dried tomatoes and parmesan cheese that were sitting in the fridge. The result…..
So how did I do it? Dead easy!
- 1. Oven- 200c
- You don’t need to bother greasing the muffin tin, just use little cupcake holders. Plus they are prettier.
- Mix 1 egg, 160mls of milk and 50g of melted butter in a jug with a fork
- Sift 170grams of self-raising flour into a bowl, add the tomatoes, 2tbs of cheese, chopped spinach and a pinch of salt. Mix around a bit.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour one, and stir in with a spoon. (don’t over stir). It’ll look a gloopy horrible mess, but honestly- it’s fine, have faith.
- Spoon into the cupcake thingy’s and put in the oven for 25 mins! Easy!
Were they nice?
I thought so, but I’m biased, so I brought 4 of these into the office today for people to try, they loved them. They go well with a bowl of soup- as they are tastier than normal bread, but would be a great afternoon snack too.
You can improvise as well, just chuck anything yummy you have lying around into the mix. Some mixed peppers would have been nice, or some grated carrot too.